That being said, I do love to see all the new things that she is learning:
- Her vocabulary is expanding... not as much as some of her Xinyu sisters mind you, but coming along. She's certainly babbling more than ever! Her favourites: "I dooo"; "No, no", giggle giggle, run away; "Owtdide" which I think is outside; "BabaMama" which is all one word because it isn't good enough to have just one of us there; and of course "MORRRE!" which mostly applies to food, but sometime applies to tickles and teasing.
- She can feed herself a complete meal with her spoon and barely spill a drop. She's very fastidious and will pick up every grain of rice that falls. At daycare they say that she uses her spoon better than some of the kids who are a year older than her. What can I say. She loves her food!
- She loves to help clean up. Both at home and at daycare. She pushes chairs back against the table. She puts her books back on the self or in her book bins. She puts her clothes in her hamper. She puts her tea set away in it's plastic bag and does up the zipper (with a little help).
- She even comes over and presents her nose when I say, "Can Mama wipe your nose for you?"
Pat and I keep saying we have to take more photos and video because these days of metamorphosis from baby to little girl and all of her little sounds and sayings will be gone soon.
And she is getting used to daycare. She still cries a bit sometimes when I drop her off, but only for a few minutes. One day last week, she was having so much fun that she didn't want to leave when Baba arrived to pick her up.
Here are some random photos:
5 comments:
I love the Little Brown Riding Hood photos, what a sweetheart. Her smile could melt an iceberg!
I know how you feel about them growing up so fast and wanting to hang on to the baby a little longer. I'm sad everytime Bryn outgrows something, whether it be clothes or a cute way of saying something. Though I suppose the joy of watching them grow and learn surpasses the sadness at seeing them grow up. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a video of every minute they're awake?!
It sounds like Maeve could give Bryn a few pointers in the cleanliness department. Good for her for picking up after herself! I think she's going to be a real lady when she grows up.
I feel the same way you do, Kathleen, about our babies growing into little girls. Excited, but also a little sad. Where has the time gone?
I've been wondering how the work transition has gone. Maeve seems to have settled nicely. I like your descriptions of Maeve. I can just imagine her picking up grains of rice. I wish my daughter shared her "clean-up" trait!
Wonderful post! I relate very much to the bittersweet feeling of our girls growing up. How wonderful and also had sad the passing of their babyhood.
Maeve is as beautiful as ever! I love the little brown riding hood pics but honestly, I love every photo of Maeve.
What a neat (pardon the pun) personality Maeve has! It's wonderful to hear about their personalities and quirks. If only we were there to get to know her in person ...
Ok I wrote a whole bunch, but it must have thought me too long winded as it crashed out. I ditto the growing up denial. Love the neat eating. She's too cute in that hoodie. Miss you guys.
she's a delight! and yes, it is hard when they grow up - but, they are still wonderful even if they're older! and sometimes they clean up after themselves (but they're not as great as Maeve is at that!)
Hey, it's really nice to see your forehead Peter!
but all our love goes to you, no no giggle giggle... cannot wait till the holidays.
carmel
Post a Comment