Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Summer is really over I guess. I managed to squeeze some fun in between the raindrops. Here's a picture of me and cousin Robyn dressing up at the Natural History Museum. We always have a lot of fun visiting, but she lives too far away to play with everyday.

Guess what? I'm going to be flying to China soon to meet my new mei mei Elspeth! She is just 15 months old now (16 months when I finally meet her). She is going to be pretty small compared to me! I'm going to teach her everything I've learned since I came to Canada. Then I'll have someone to play with every day.

We are leaving in 3 weeks. I thought I should come to Ottawa to visit my Popo and GungGung and some of my friends before I become too busy taking care of mei mei to spend any quality time with them.

Mom says we are supposed to say what we are thankful for today, so here's my list. I am thankful for my forever family, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my xinyu sisters, my friends and my new mei mei. I am thankful she will be coming home in time for Christmas. I'll have to warn her about that Santa guy though...he's a little bit scary.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. And if you can, get outside and frolick in the leaves.


5 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Maeve! You are going to love having a meimei! Technically, I got a jiejie but it's all good. It's so wonderful to have a full-time playmate.

I am thankful to have you as my xinyu sister and especially as my foster sister. We talk about you often and hope to see you again soon along with your new sis and mom and dad.

Have a great trip back to China!
Love you lots,
Kennedy
xox

Monica said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Maeve! I can't wait for you to meet your Mei-Mei! I have a di di and it's pretty good!

Have a great visit to China! I'll be following your sister's blog the whole time.

Lots of love,
Claire, your Xinyu foster sister

Rae said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Maeve! I hope you had a great time visiting your popo and gung gung.

I'm so jealous that you're going to have a mei mei! My mom and dad keep saying no mei mei or jiejie or even a didi for me -- you're so lucky. I can't wait to see pictures of you with Elspeth and hear about all the fun you have with her.

Love,
Bryn
xxoo

Anonymous said...

wow Maeve! great fun with Robyn, and the news about your mei mei is so exciting!
xxx
c,d,a

Shea said...

Happy Thanksgiving Maeve. I'm very thankful to have you as my Xinyu sister too.

I can't wait to see photos of you and your new sister. You'll have lots of fun playing together.

Love Caia