Sunday, October 14, 2007

O Pumpkin! my Pumpkin!

Now that I'm working again and she's in daycare I'm going through Maeve withdrawal. Having been with her 24x7 for almost 8 months, I now feel like I barely get to see her. Pat does most of the morning routine while I get ready for work. I drop her off at daycare and Pat picks her up. He gets a couple of hours of Baba and Maevey time before I come home and then we only get two hours together before bed time. So we try to make the most of weekends.

This weekend, we got to visit Uncle Peter, Aunty Carolyn and Cousin Connor. We bundled Maeve up and headed out to the pumpkin patch. My favourite nickname for Maeve is pumpkin. Now, having seen a field full of them, she's probably wondering why I would call her that. She's neither round or orange. Mama must be a little crazy...

Nevertheless, she had a great time and braved the cold with a smile. I have to remember to start bringing mittens with us everywhere!


Wow, this pumpkin is heavy! A little help over here please?
Gosh, you're strong uncle Peter!
I'll just push these pumpkins over here.
Our little pumpkin and her pumpkin head parents.
Faster Baba!
Wow! Look at all these pumpkins!
Weeeeeeee!!!!
Can we stay here forever? Or at least until I get hungry.
Thanks for a great day Aunty Carolyn!

5 comments:

Monica said...

These pics are wonderful! I love all your captions.

Maeve looks like such a princess (or is it Queen?)in her beautiful coat.

I feel for you about not feeling like you're getting much Maeve time these days. I'm glad you're having a blast on the weekends!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maeve, you are a lucky pumpkin! I too am sad for the loss of your Maeve-hours Kath, and hope that all the weekends are long and sunny,
much love
carm

Anonymous said...

Maeve is the most adorable little pumpkin I've ever seen! I especially love the photo of her looking up at her Uncle Peter...the look on her face is priceless.

I can't even imagine the Maeve withdrawal you must be suffering, Kathleen. My heart goes out to you.

Beth said...

Glad to hear you're getting some quality family time in spite of the back to work grind. It is a huge adjustment. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll make it work just fine. I love all the pumpkin photos, can't even pick a fav.
Hugs to you all

Anonymous said...

omg - can everyone say together, 'totally adorable?' i love that family shot - i want one. looks like u guys had fun! we miss maevey - hopefully next week we'll all be better! see u soon, maevey!! kisses!!