Friday was my 40th birthday. Pat, Maeve and my parents took me out for a nice dinner and then my parents babysat while Pat and I went to a movie. That's my second movie out in 9 months. Not too bad for a first time parent. ;-)
On Saturday, I took Maeve to our Music Together class in the morning and then we had an open house in the afternoon. Unfortunately, it was 28 degrees and humid out and we don't have air conditioning. The house got so hot that my cake was melting before I even blew the candle out. Or maybe the house was hot because of all the candles... Good thing the firehouse is at the end of our street. Anyways, I think everyone had a good time.
On Sunday, Maeve was baptized. We've been trying to plan this for a long time, but could never coordinate everyone's schedules. Finally, this weekend seemed to fit for everyone.
The day started out with a glitch. Grandma Forde had given Maeve a beautiful dress that we wanted her to be baptized in. But I somehow managed to jam the zipper. Luckily I had a backup dress.
When Maeve saw the water being poured into the font, I think she was hoping for a nice bath. But she had to settle for getting water on her head.
We went for a lovely brunch after the service and were so stuffed that we didn't have room for a Thanksgiving dinner. We kept Maeve up for 2 hours past her usual nap time, but she did great. Not a tear or a whine from our little trooper. I think she was so happy to have all of her family around her that she ignored how pooped she was.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
6 comments:
Hi Maeve, Kath, Pat, and all!
lovely to see these posted so soon, and congratulations to everyone - give Maeve a big kiss (or several!) from her Maritime aunt and cousins!
love
carmel, daniel, alex
Wow! Looks like you guys had a busy and FUN weekend! The family pictures are great. So nice to be able to have so many people there to celebrate Maeve's baptism and YOUR BIRTHDAY!! Happy Birthday, Kathleen. Hope you had a wonderful day!
Hugs to all of you for some more Maritimers!!
There's a weekend to remember! Maeve looks absolutely beautiful in her baptismal dress, a perfect little angel. And I love the photo of her with the duck on her nose! Give her a big congratulations hug from her friends in Saskatchewan!
Happy Belated Birthday, Kathleen. It looks like you had the perfect celebration/
What an action-packed weekend!
Happy belated birthday to you, Kathleen! Your celebration, as well as Maeve's baptism, look like they were a lot of fun. (I love Maeve's party trick!). Maeve's dress is gorgeous, and I was touched by all the family you had at the baptism to celebrate with you.
Beautiful dress, Maeve. Thanks for posting the photos from Maeve's special day. And happy belated birthday to you, Kathleen! I'll bet it was your best yet because it was your first as a mom.
When Helena checked the blog she let out a big whoop. Maeve's updated! I didn't even realize that she checked them on her own so regularly. Blessings on your baptism Maeve. YOu looked lovely.
And Kathleen....who would have guessed you're 40! Happy Birthday to you. Looks like a sweet weekend all around. I totally loved the duck too!
Post a Comment