Chinese New Year is fast approaching. This year it will be February 7. But before that we will celebrate our first year with Maeve as part of our family. February 5, 2007 was Maeve's "Forever Family Day" as some in the adoption community call it.
We can hardly believe that a year has gone by! It seems like just yesterday that we were anxiously awaiting news of our baby from China. And yet somehow she has always been a part of our family, as life without Maeve is but a distant memory.
What a precious gift we have received!
Xin nian kuai le! Happy New Year!
Then:
Our very first photo of Yu Cai Ling. She has her dad's haircut in this one!
Maeve's first glamour shot. I don't think she was feeling very glamourous that day.
For the first week or so, I could not look at this photo without crying. If you look closely, you can see that she has been bawling and her nose is running.
Looking scared and confused about an hour before she met us.
Being received by Mama!
Baba sneaks a kiss.And Now
Maeve in her New Year dress.
Her Panda from Uncle Andrew and Aunty Evelyn is also dressed for New Years.
We got this New Year's jacket in WalMart Nanchang.
Looking all grown up!
In her Minnie Mouse ears from Cousins Miller and Bram.
6 comments:
Happy Family Day!!! We'll be thinking of you lots next week. I don't think I'd ever seen Maeve's referral photos. She looks so tiny and scared. What a difference a year makes!
It's been a pleasure watching your family bond, and I'm honored that I was there to witness your first moments together.
Lots of love,
Shea and Caia
It's amazing to see how much Maeve has changed! She's such a smiley little beauty. I love the picture of her and Pat with her holding tight to her bell.
Her New Year's clothes are so pretty, she'll be the belle of the ball. And her "grown up" photo reminds me of a first day of school photo.
We'll be thinking of you on Tuesday as we celebrate and wish we could all be together for our 1st anniversary!
Love and hugs,
Rae, Girard and Bryn
Happy Chinese New Year, and Happy Family Day!
I remember seeing Maeve's headshot before but not her other pictures. They are definitely tear-jerkers. But look at her now! Maeve is thriving, and she continues to astonish us with her beauty!
I love the little jacket you got for her at Walmart in China. She looks great in it!
ps - I love the nod to Pat's profession with the space-themed growth chart!
Maeve's hair looks like it has grown so much just since your last pics!
I clicked on Maeve's referral picture and yes, it is obvious she had big tears in her eyes. Break your heart...
Happy forever family day and happy new year! We will have a special place in our hearts for all our travelmates on February 5th.
xo
We've been thinking of everyone more than ever leading up to this week. Hard to believe they are the same little girls that we met that first day! Hard to forget seeing them in that lobby. That was a meltdowm moment for me for sure. Love seeing her outfits. I too love the jacket. Wishing you all the best on your Forever Family day. We'll be with you in spirit.
happy forever family day, Maeve!
love, from the east coast contingent of same...
xxx
c,d,a
Post a Comment