That night was challenging for all of us! Luckily, it only took her a few days to get used to us. By the 6th day, Pat was Baba and by the 7th day, I was Mama. Now I am Mama, mom, or mommy. Pat is BAAAAABAAAAA, Dad, Daddy or bobby. Pat asked her why she calls him bobby and she responded with "mommy!" as in, if Mama is mommy, then Baba must be bobby.
We want to wish all our travelmates and Maeve's Xinyu sisters a Happy Forever Family Day! We miss you all and long to see you again. Please keep in touch so that our girls can virtually grow up together.
We had a wonderful visit with Elizabeth and her family on Saturday. Elizabeth and Kate have grown so much in the past year. Maeve is certainly tiny in comparison. It was a treat to see them again (oh and Aggie and Rob too). As promised here are some pictures from our visit.
Hugs and kisses to you all!

6 comments:
Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a couple of Xinyu girls together again!! Great pictures!
We really enjoyed meeting you guys and making the trek home with you to Toronto. We'd probably still be somewhere in the Beijing airport if it wasn't for you parents, Kathleen!
Have a wonderful day. We'll definitely keep in touch and look forward to a reunion someday!
Carolyn, Marvin and Kennedy
Happy day Maeve! we are thrilled you are a member of our forever family,
much love
carm, dan alex
Happy 1 year anniversary! We miss you guys and can't wait for a reunion. We've loved reading your blog and keeping up with Queen Maeve over the past year! Thanks for inviting us into your virtual home.
I love seeing Xinyu sisters together, too. Thanks for sharing the photos of the girls. We marvel at the changes in Ellizabeth and can't believe how much older Kate looks.
Have a wonderful day with your beautiful girl.
Love,
Rae, Girard and Bryn
Happy Family Day to you! That picture of Maeve and Elizabeth, from a year ago, chokes me up. Look at those little faces! And a year later, they're lively toddlers. I love seeing reunion photos, and it makes me long for a group reunion someday. The friendships we began will last a lifetime, I'm sure.
I remember our first night in Beijing, our last night before we became parents, when we all sat together at the same table in the restaurant and you told us about your travels through Asia. And the next day we were parents! I was so happy that your parents were able to share in the joy of your first days with Maeve. Mom especially enjoyed having other grandparents along. So your entire family is in our thoughts tonight.
Love Shea and Caia
Happy Forever Family Day!
Thanks for a wonderful post. We love seeing "our" girls together. I can't believe how tiny Maeve looks next to Elizabeth; I can only imagine how tiny Claire would look next to Maeve! We've got the sweet little peanuts of the group!
We especially love the pics of the dads with their girls on their shoulders, but all the photos are truly wonderful. Thank you for sharing these!
Much love,
Monica, Paul and Claire
Love all the pics of the families together! I especially like the side by sides of the girls and the daddies and their girls too...well, I love them all! We have been missing everyone more this week, thinking back to our great times together....finding out we lived in the same building, meeting your parents, enjoying Peking duck with you, having the camel hump with your parents. Keep the Queen Maeve updates coming! Hugs to all.
Post a Comment