She picked out a pretty dress (all she ever wants to wear these days is a pretty dress--even better if it is pink, what a girly girl!) and had a grand old time running around and visiting with her friends from Mandarin class. But when it came time for Santa to come, she would only tentatively wave at him from across the room and quickly launched into "want to go home!"
Although she loves the cartoonish idea of Santa, the reality of the big guy in a red suit and crazy white beard is absolutely terrifying to her. Alas, no photos with Santa again this year I'm afraid.
We will try again at the kids' Christmas party at work, but I'm not too hopeful.
Here's Maeve tentatively waving as Santa enters the room. It is a bit dark, but you can see the dread on her face.
This was as close as she would let me take her to the big guy. I had to accept the book. She did whisper "Tank you" to him, but I'm probably the only one who could hear it.
She did like the book though!
And she is still a fiend for bananas.
By the way she loved swinging the skirt of that dress around.
And please excuse the way that I look. I've been sick ever since I came back from a business trip to Chicago. Blech!
4 comments:
Well we think you both look marvelous!!
Maeve is beautiful in her "girly-girl" dress! I was actually surprised that K went as close as she did to Santa. He's a pretty intimidating guy in real life!
We hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
xo
Maeve is so sweet in that swingy dress! I love it!
That look on her face when Santa entered the room is pretty funny. You're right: you CAN see the dread. Maybe next year will be the year for the Santa and Maeve pic!
Don't feel bad about not wanting to sit on Santa's knee, Maeve. Bryn isn't too keen on the idea either. And I love your beautiful dress, you picked out a very pretty one for your party and you look so grown up!
Bryn LOVES I Spy books, she'll be jealous when she sees Maeve has a new one!
By the way, you both look radiant as always.
WOW is all I can say about that dress. It's soooo beautiful and so is the girl in it! I love hearing how all the girls are so true to their personalities. Lots of kids are terrified of the big guy. To be expected. Mine however, insisted on going again the other night, even though this time there was line! Maybe someday Maeve...it's good to be wary of big guys in red suits and long white beards:) I won't show Ava the pink dress - she's into girly girl these days too and she'll bug me until I find one like it!!
Post a Comment