So we raised about $4000, which allowed us to purchase over 4500 cans of food. With those cans, we created this
It is a BIG fish tank. There's a fish profile on both sides and a face on either end. We named them Finn and Gil.
There were many other great builds and lots of cans were purchased to help kickoff the food bank's spring drive. Lots of other teams used wood, packing tape and even magnets to build their structures, but we tried to keep our structure "pure". So there is a wooden base, some bristol board and a little bit of cardboard in our structure to even out can heights, but for the most part it is just cans.
Here are a few of the other structures:
My favourite (after our own) is the basket of fruit. The use of colour from the labels was really striking.
4 comments:
Wow, that's amazing! What a wonderful cause and you guys did an awesome job. I like yours the best, too, and the fruit basket is pretty cool.
(Great minds must think alike because I told Bryn (who has been lobbying for a fish for months) that if we get her one we will name it Finn.)
Impressive engineering feats! lovely job Kath (and your group!); I too like the basket of fruit as a second choice..
love
c, d, a!
HEy, that's amazing. Were there any accidents. I would have likely tripped while doing it and knocked it all down!! You guys did an awesome job, and for a good cause.
PS, this is Beth, but now that I've typed I don't want to change identities and Helena was on last.
Very neat! I love your idea of a fish tank. What a great way to support the food bank.
Hopefully mommy has some quieter days ahead!
Post a Comment