She was super nervous and wouldn't speak or smile the whole time. She just sat there with a grimace on her face. She was very good though and didn't move except to follow the hairdresser's instructions. I held her hand the whole time.
So when we arrived, she looked around a little. They had a climbing apparatus with a slide. Each cutting station had a different vehicle for the kids to sit in. There was a little red airplane, a motorcycle, a firetruck, a green bug car, etc. Maeve was too overwhelmed to pick, so we chose the pink convertible for her. Each station also has a video player... but again, she was too overwhelmed to choose a movie so we picked Elmo Goes To School for her.
She was real trooper and was all smiles once she was done and we all raved about how beautiful her hair looked.
This morning she asked if she could go get her haircut again. I guess it wasn't that horrible an experience for her!
These are the many faces of Maeve from last week. You can't really see it, but she's got quite the mullet going.

Here she is getting her haircut.
The happy girl afterwards!
Sooooo much better than the bang trims that mommy gives her!!!
5 comments:
She looks so proud of herself in the last one. A few times I was going to make a comment like "time to trim those bangs Kath!" but I thought that was too mean. Glad to see she's a salon girl now! Those other faces during the cut are precious, even without a smile:)
i love mullet maeve and salon maeve, both! how darling, and what a neat salon...
xx
cda
SOOO BEAUTIFUL. This place is a great idea for kids...I love her pensive expression while the cut is going on! ha ha she looks very happy with the results though!
I love her new 'do. She looks so serious during her haircut it just cracked me up. But, as Beth said, so proud of herself once it was all over. You might be taking her for weekly 'dos now that she knows how much fun it can be!
What a great place you have to take her to! That is so cool, I've never seen anything like it. We had Bryn for her first "real" cut a few weeks ago, too. She did fine but I wish we had a place like that her to make the first salon experience a heap of fun.
Spiffy haircut! Now those are professionally-cut bangs!
That pink caddy is too cute. I get a kick out of how tall Maeve is sitting. I can just imagine her eyeballs looking around b/c she didn't want to move her head. Glad to hear she's already asking to go back. Careful, you'll be spending more money on her hair than on yours soon enough!
Post a Comment