Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NOTL

We spent a wonderful long weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake with Uncle Peter, Aunty Carolyn and Cousin Connor (or "Noor" as Maeve calls him).

NOTL is a lovely little town down the road from Niagara Falls. Its main draws are the Shaw Festival and many wineries. It is off season now, so things were a little less expensive than normal and many of the stores were having end of season sales--a real boon for shopaholic mama.

We rented a little place called the Casablanca Cottage and spent three days relaxing, shopping, sightseeing and enjoying each others company.

Maeve did really well being away from home. She loved the cottage and was fine sleeping in a playpen. She got some really cool ladybug rain boots and a matching raincoat for this spring. It was warm enough that she wore the rain boots around all weekend. She loved them, although they are a bit big on her so she is a bit clumsy in them still.

On Sunday, we made it down to Niagara Falls. But Maeve was pretty bagged by then and slept in the stoller the whole time we were checking out the falls.

A few shots from our weekend.


Maeve with Cousin Noor
Casablanca Cottage
Maeve in her fuzzy hat and new ladybug boots
Maeve's much taller when Uncle Peter picks her up!
Watching Baba out the window
Niagara Falls
All bundled up and sleeping
Everything is beautifully frozen including the mist on the trees.

5 comments:

Rae said...

What a great getaway for you guys and what a beautiful little house. I loved Niagara-on-the Lake when I was there a hundred years ago, it's such a pretty place.

Great photo of Maeve in her hoodie (and the rest of the pix, too!), such a sweetie pie she is.

Monica said...

What a great holiday! Your cottage is beautiful!

I'm glad Maeve did well away from home. Her new boots are great - I can't wait to see the raincoat too!

I love the photo of Maeve in her hoodie. Claire has the same hoodie - I should get a picture of her in it with the hood up to! I also really love the photo of Maeve watching her Baba through the window.

Beth said...

This post makes me miss ON. We too love NOTL. Such a beautiful little place. We mostly did the wineries a lifetime ago. Loved all the pics, but my fav is the one looking out the window. Thanks for the update. Always love them.

Shea said...

What a wonderful weekend. I'd love to be able to do that. I love the allure of a cottage and a lazy weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed the weather, and I look forward to seeing the new rain outfit on Maeve.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Wow! Looks like a fantastic spot.

I love Maeve's ladybug boots. She's absolutely adorable with her fuzzy hat too.

xo