Sunday, July 15, 2007

Books, Books and Hats and Bed

One of my favourite pastimes is reading books. Well, I can't really read, so I look at the pictures, point and say, "Bear?" or "Ball?"
Then Mama says, "Yes, that's a bear. Very good Maevey." or "No honey, that's not a bear, it's a 'whatever'."
So far, Mama's gotten most of them right.


One day Mama decided to get tricky, and she bought me a book titled Bear and Ball. Because those are the two things that she recognizes correctly, those are the two words I say to her most often. Bear and Ball instantly became my new favourite book---and now Mama almost always gets the pictures right!



Check out this nicely padded coffee table that they bought for me. I guess they didn't like me practising my walking around that wooden one with the sharp corners and metal legs. This one is great because it opens up and Mama can store stuff inside. They don't think I know that, but I've seen them open it. You can't get anything by these eagle eyes.



Hey, here's a whole book about me! Hmm, I don't remember sitting on an apple or riding a water buffalo. Where'd these pictures come from?



Now this is more like it. A family album!



Whoa, that's me!



I love looking at my new family.



I'd better start studying these body part books so I can answer the incessant quizzes. "Where's Baba's nose? Where's Maeve's nose? Where's Baba's ear?" Why doesn't he just watch Grey's Anatomy with Mama?



Actually, maybe Baba should simply look at these books, and then he won't have to ask me where he's placed his head all the time ...



Ah, here are my Minny Mouse ears that Miller and Bram brought back from Florida. Boy wearing them makes me sleepy.



I'd better get some shut eye so that I can blog again tomorrow. Hey cool. If I stick my feed out the end it feels like I'm walking on air ...
And to all a Good Night!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Dear Maeve. I love books too, especially the flap kind and ones with animals and fuzzy stuff you can feel. Everyone's always asking me about those body parts too, you'd think they'd get it after awhile. So nice to see lots of pics of you. I miss all my friends. Maybe one day we'll read books to eachother.
Love Ava

Rae said...

Books are my favorite things, too! My mom and dad bought me a few toys but I would rather look at my books than try to stack cups one on top the other...how silly is that?! My favorites books right now are Emma's Pet and Noisy Nora, what are yours?

And we got one of those soft coffee tables, too! We used to have a pointy one until I started to walk then we got this new one. Parents are funny about things like that, aren't they?

Love, Bryn

Anonymous said...

Hey Maeve,
you're doing a wonderful job of educating those parents of yours! miss you so much,
love,
the halifax serfs