I start this particular day off with a gesticular demo of the probiscular communication system of elephants. I have it on good authorithy that they lift up their trunks like this and make a really loud raspberry sound.
Unfortunately, unlike elephants Mama and Baba always seem to forget, and ask me to repeat this demo for them each morning ...
I had to teach Baba that when you want Mama to come, you yell really loud like this... He later confessed that he finds my approach to getting Mama's attention "ingenious and invigorating".
Come along Baba. We have much shopping to do, and the royal naptime approacheth ...

The Queen gives her serf-cousin Mike a piece of professional advice: "You see this play? Just drop back to here and pick up the guy coming along the boards. You'll break his rhythm, mess up the other team's game."

"No, I'm not doing any interviews right now. Please speak to my under-secretary---that's her in back---and make an appointment."

"Darned papparazzi. Must I pose endlessly for the camera? Please go away ... I'm having a busy day circumnavigating this improbably large outdoor bathtub in my Auntie Col's backyard."
5 comments:
Ah, a queen has soooo many responsibilities! It looks like Queen Maeve handles them with much grace, though!
What a great surprise! I go away for the weekend and come back to find not just one new post but four! We've been waiting for so long for new photos of the beautiful Maeve, it's such a treat to have so many.
We're glad you are all doing well. And it was good to see new photos of Elizabeth and Kate as well. We wish we could have bee at the FOI picnic to see everyone and catch up as we sure miss all of you!
Take care and keep the new posts coming...we check daily.
We're visiting my parents in Ottawa and they have a more technologically advanced house, so we're able to post a little more frequently. When we get back home, I'll have to order high speed internet. The dial-up way is just too painful for updating the blog.
Can't wait for teh highspeed - like the others we still check every day even though it takes awhile for updates, we're just so happy when we click and boom there you all are. Thanks for the great pics - I enjoy the commentary too!!
all i can say is thanks to those papparrazzi parents! babarazzi? mamarazzi?
so much fun, get that highspeed stuff!
we're so far away, and wish that Maeve would visit her maritime serfs!!
xxx
c,d,a
Post a Comment