Monday, July 30, 2007

Maeve's First Dip in a Pool

While we were in Ottawa, I found the same Panda pool that Maeve's Xinyu sister Bryn has. Maeve's cousin Robyn actually took the inaugural swim (well, sit and splash really) because Maeve was a bit leary of it. But after dipping her hands in several times and playing with the water from the side, she decided it would be ok to take a dip. And she loves it!

Now that we are home, the pool has been used in our backyard a few times and Miss Maeve is now taking swimming lessons at the local swim complex. At her level, they are really just lessons for me on how to get her used to the water and what games to play to make her more comfortable. Next step, Aunty Col's pool. Maybe that'll be too cold for her this summer.



How'dya like my new bathing suit and my cool Canada hat from Aunty Beth?


I'm done Vogueing. Let's go to the pool, Baba!


Mama is having more fun than Maevey at first.


But then she really gets into it.








Hey, it's raining just on me!


Whaddya mean I have to get out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous!! hi Maeve, little fish!
i hope you're having great weather for this (we've just had a thunderous, lightning filled night out here in Hfx.!!)

much love for the fishes,

carmel, dan, alex

Rae said...

I have no idea how I missed this post! Here it is the middle of February and I'm seeing this one for the first time -- I can't for the life of me figure out how you got it past me!

Even though I'm really late, I absolutely had to comment on Maeve's first dip in the pool because it's such an exciting event! She looks sooo cute in her little suit and so little! It looks like she enjoyed her panda pool as much as Bryn did hers.