Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Somnambulistic scribblings

Greetings from Thursday to all our Canadian family and friends still back in Wednesday :)

I cannot sleep on this trip.

So I've been jotting down notes and latenight jetlag-fogged thoughts about this expedition to a mysterious 10 month old daughter in the dark, using the booklight that Kath stole for me. Ah, explanation required:

Kath stole it during our Christmas Eve gift exchange, the night we announced our Maevey-baby's adoption and imminent arrival to the Fordes en masse (for us, a night turbocharged with familial love, a deliriously happy occasion!)

So I've been getting up in the dark, walking about our hotel room, using this stolen book light to make reminder notes for the next day's journey, and to get down impressions for this blog, for the journal I'm writing as a keepsake for Maeve, etc.

Next few posts will be transciptions from an insomniac father-to-be ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

paddy my dear, wishing you the sleep of your angel wife....

xx