Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Guelph Trio Come for Chinese ... Food and Hugs, that is


Maeve: "Hi, new Auntie from Guelph. Want to play with me?"
Carolyn: "Sure! Here, I'll put the green tumbler on top ..."


"And I'll levitate a blue one on top of the green one!"


"But knocking them off's the most fun, Auntie Carolyn."


"Don't expect to hold me unless you come bearing an entrancing necklace ... Why, Aunt Carolyn, you are the devious one!"


"Hmm, lemme see if I can divine its origin by touch ... Nah, but I may claim it for my own with a sudden wrenching motion."


"Hello cousin, want to see what I can do with this colourful tumbler tower?"


Maeve offers Connor a glimpse of the scope of her destructive powers.


Connor: "Shall I assist you in rebuilding it, oh Queen?"
Maeve: "Forsooth, cousin, surely your purpose in coming is to offer me your aid ... As you see, I've got both hands full and the mouth's currently scheduled for soother-duty."


Instead of aid, Cousin Connor impresses Queen Maeve with his trick of drinking The-Fluid-That-Cannot-Be-Seen.


Maeve: "I love this handsome young manserf ... Guess it's my turn to impress him, by revealing my true powers!"


Maeve uses the Force to rebuild the tumbler tower. Cousin Connor is duly impressed.


"Hey, it's one of those hardbound box things with pictures on the cover. Thanks, Aunt Carolyn!"


"You mean it can open up, like a book?"


"Auntie Carolyn hasn't noticed," Maeve snickers to herself, "but I'm using the Force to turn pages ..."


"The important philosophical question the text raises for me is ... Is it edible?"


Whoa, this dude's kinda scary!


You mean he's another of my Canadian relative-serfs?


Pete bows in obeisance to Queen Mabs. "I dub you Peter, King of the Guelphites and Uncle to my Royal Personage."


Maeve: "Okay, you're in, Unc!"

Bidding goodbye to her Majesty's emissaries from Guelph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the Guelph contingent in the Queen's photos!! looking forward to becoming her serf from Hfx!
love
carmel

Anonymous said...

Pat, Kath, Maeve! one of the most enjoyable things about this blog, is seeing Maeve's personality so clearly! Pat, cannot thank you enough for all the quips, and the candid photos of Maeve's darling expressions, it is really delightful to be able to get to know her a little this weblike way,
love
carmel, dan, alex

Anonymous said...

Patrick, Kathleen, and Maeve:

Dad forwarded me the link to your blog. We are beyond THRILLED for you! Your pictures say more than words, we can see the depth of happiness, joy and love in your faces. Not to mention the usual parental worry, we read about your fall and agree that there will be many more worries to come. I still remember clearly having firetrucks and ambulances come to our house at 3am when we thought Ben was choking on milk and unable to breathe! He was fine, as were we...eventually!

Again, we are so happy for you. She's a darling, beautiful little angel. Hugs to you all.

We look forward to meeting her some day!

Anne Marie, Jeff, Grace & Ben