Thursday, February 8, 2007

A Maeve Meal-o-Rama

Thursday Maeve pics:

Morning and afternoons are wonderful with Maeve, just keep getting better. (The nights, however, are worsening: her separation anxiety is growing each day, and her nightmares, calls for Mama, horror when we appear instead of Foster Mama to console her, is deepening. Tonight she fell into sequential nightmares before finally going down).

But at least the mornings and afternoons are improving. Mealtimes are a great opp to photo opp Maeve's continuing revelation of her personality ...

Here's today's sequence:


Okay, I accepted this high chair thing. Now are you gonna feed me, or what?


Hey, okay, watermelon!



Here's lookin at you, all you older Canuck cousins ... I can chow down on anything as long as it comes at the end of a chopstick.


I'm willing to share my most prized toy with Kennedy.


Yep, Kennedy's all smiles already.


What, you expect smiles from me too?



Okay, Dad, here's one just for you!


More new food, Ohs on the half-shell, very interesting.


This looks dumpable, actually.


Easier access on ladybug bib, in my Maeve-o-pinion.


I can eat and hold a cup too!


This cup concept really is the best thing on earth, Mom.


Well, except for wolfing noodles.


Meals are sooo tiring.


Fortunately, grandparents make good vertical, portable beds ...

Signing off from the Galactic, Maeve Forde.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat and Kath, and little Maeve; lovely to see her smile at you, Pat! Sorry to hear the trauma is a little worse right now. I expect you guys have heard all about that from the discourse on adoption... it will of course be hard for her, but she will come to feel much more comfortable soon!
love,
carm

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the new photos.
Don't worry about the nights - they will soon be a distant memory - Maeve will adjust before you know it.
Best wishes from Andrew, Ev and Robyn of course.

Anonymous said...

hi Pat and Kath:)
I love all the pictures that you posted! I would have left more comments except I just figured out how to do that haha. I hope you all are having an awesome and safe trip. Maeve is just the most beautiful, darling litte girl i have seen and I'm so excited for her to be part of our family. the picture of her and Pat where she is smiling is priceless. I already have it as the background on my computer:) Kath, you can already see the love you have for her in your eyes and I'm sure, in no time, she will be crying out mama for you at night! I miss you guys and thanks for the belated birthday wishes:) I am so happy for the three of you to be a family and I can't wait for you to get home even though it is FREEZING here! haha Anyway I'm going to look at the pictures some more cause she's so darn cute:) love you and miss you,
Kiera

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of Maeve smiling! She is such a doll. Hey Kath, today's shots of you crack me up - you've already got the authentic (ie totally bagged!) new mommy look ;-)

xo Sal

Anonymous said...

oh god - that smile with the two teeth pokin through! what a STUNNING smile she has when she smiles it! Pat - i just lost it when i saw that one- i told you it would happen - just so relieved it is so soon - and Kath - you both have lost so much weight the past couple of weeks - the anticipation, the constant traveling and now the sleepless nights likely staring at your wee little treasure... she is absolutely GORGEOUS - i echo carm's comments - it's hard to read she is still in trauma and that is as to be expected for the next while i suppose but yeah - she will know your four arms are home very soon i just know it - her mummy and daddy she'll be seeking when she has remnants of being afraid - and i pray they will only be frail, brief remnants very soon for her and for you both. the queen has conquered all our hearts...luv crazzzeeee aunt nance

Anonymous said...

oh god - that smile with the two teeth pokin through! what a STUNNING smile she has when she smiles it! Pat - i just lost it when i saw that one- i told you it would happen - just so relieved it is so soon - and Kath - you both have lost so much weight the past couple of weeks - the anticipation, the constant traveling and now the sleepless nights likely staring at your wee little treasure... she is absolutely GORGEOUS - i echo carm's comments - it's hard to read she is still in trauma and that is as to be expected for the next while i suppose but yeah - she will know your four arms are home very soon i just know it - her mummy and daddy she'll be seeking when she has remnants of being afraid - and i pray they will only be fragmented, brief remnants very soon for her and for you both. the queen has conquered all our hearts...luv crazzzeeee aunt nance